Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2011

"A constant consideration of God's will and God's plan"

One last "Called to be More" letter ...



What does it mean to be called to be more? This is a question that I have often asked myself when considering my vocation. Society today is full of things that we need to be more of—more happy, more beautiful, more sexy, more rich. These things mean nothing to Christ. Christ Himself shaped each and every one of us even before we were conceived. He formed us in His image and likeness, giving us beautiful gifts that, most of the time, we don’t even use to their full potential. Being more to Christ means being more than beautiful, more than sexy, more than rich. It’s being more than our failed human nature and actively pursuing Christ daily.
A pursuit of Christ necessarily requires seeking His will in every aspect of our lives. That is what we all are called to do. A vocation is not simply choosing to go into the priesthood or religious life. It is so much more than that. It is a constant consideration of God’s will and God’s plan.

God created us. God loves us. God formed for us the best possible lives. When I think of my vocation, marriage vs. religious life vs. chaste single life, sometimes I get scared. I think, “I will never get to have kids of I don’t get married, and I love kids. Why would God ever do that to me?” But, in all honesty, God knows what I love more than I do. God knows what will make me happy more than I do. God’s will is more beautiful and amazing than my will can ever be. Do not worry about your vocation. Do not fret. Try to live each day as Christ wants you to, and if you do so, your vocation will simply come to you. It will seem simple and easy. It looks hard now, the road looks rough, but trust and pray and God will pull through. And you will truly prove that you were made to be more.

In God’s love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment