Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

St. Joseph, pray for us!


It's St. Joseph's feast day! This is a wonderful day to reflect on the gifts of chastity, fatherhood, manhood and work. So, sit back with a cup of coffee and read John Paul II's apostolic exhortation on St. Joseph, and then be sure to pray the following prayer for chastity (shared by Robert Colquhoun):


Saint Joseph, father and guardian of virgins,
Into whose faithful keeping were entrusted innocence itself, Christ Jesus,
And Mary the virgin of virgins,
I pray, and beseech thee through Jesus and Mary,
Those pledges so dear to thee, to keep me from uncleanness,
And to grant that my mind may be untainted,
My heart pure and my body chaste,
Help me always to serve Jesus and Mary in perfect chastity,
Amen.

Happy Solemnity of St. Joseph!

No comments:

Post a Comment