Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

"From frat boy to priest, a determined man seeks to serve and transcend" - St. Petersburg Times


When I saw the title -- From frat boy to priest, a determined man seeks to serve and transcend - St. Petersburg Times -- I had no idea to what priest the newspaper was referring. Clicking on the article, I was thrilled to read a profile of Fr. David Toups, a young priest who served in Washington, DC, when I was a graduate student.

The secular article is quite thought-provoking, contrasting two Florida priests -- one who left the priesthood and Fr. Toups, who maintains that personal holiness is necessary to serve as priest. I highly recommend spending a few minutes to read about Fr. Toups' commitment to what it means to be "father."

No comments:

Post a Comment