Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Speaking for life

Having been involved in the pro-life movement for many, many years, I have heard a number of post-abortive women share their stories.  Still, each story is unique, even when sharing common elements, and each story is touching.  


Katrina Fernandez recently chose to share her story of two past abortions, in the hopes of convicting other women not to make the same mistake.


She writes with sobering honesty, clarity and boldness.


There is no consolation to be had for the mother that loses a child. She will grieve in her heart for the rest of her life. Abortion; however, not only robs a child of it’s life and a mother of it’s child, it also robs the mother of her grieving. She is not allowed to grieve because she cannot publicly claim the title Mother.
[...]
I was a coward in my youth, unable to take responsibility for my sexual actions and I am a coward today because I’ve failed to honestly speak out against abortion for so many years. I failed to shout from the highest building all the ugly truths for every ear to hear. I tried to help a friend once who was considering abortion but there only so much I could say without giving away my own horrible, awful secret. In the end, withholding that information was not enough to convict her otherwise and she had an abortion. I failed her with my silence.
I refuse to be a coward anymore. In these times, no one can afford to be a coward. The price of our silence is paid in the blood of millions of innocent aborted babies. This is a deplorable evil and it must end now.


Read the blog post here.


Thank you, Katrina, for your boldness, your courage and your generosity in sharing the work of Christ's mercy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment