Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

The politics of the Oscars

I saw my first film in a theater in a few years (!) a couple of weeks ago.  It was "Les Miserables."  And it was incredible.

But right now, I don't want to write about the incredible story of the redemption of Jean Valjean.  I want to write about the politics of the Academy Awards.  Rather, I'd like to point you in the direction of a great piece by Barbara Nicolosi on this topic.  

If you haven't heard, a somewhat obscure foreign film, "Amour," has received a staggering number of Oscar nominations.  And the climax of the movie is euthanasia ... a murder cloaked in the guise of a loving action of a husband for his wife.

What does this mean about our culture?  What do the Oscars have to do with our country's views of life and love?  

Read Barbara Nicolosi's take here

No comments:

Post a Comment