Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy feast day of St. Gianna!



St. Gianna Beretta Molla is a favorite of mine, and we celebrate her feast day today. She was a wife and mother, and in a real sense a martyr for life. She gave her life so that her unborn child would be able to live. It is well worth reading her story and saying a prayer for her intercession.



This picture, by the way, is one that I took of her grave when I visited her small town of Mesero in 2006.


And in honor of the day, St. Gianna's prayer of consecration to Mary -- "O Mary, into your maternal hands I place myself and I abandon myself completely, sure of obtaining whatever I ask of you. I trust in you because you are the sweet Mother, I confide in you because you are the Mother of Jesus. In this trust I place myself, sure of being heard in everything; with this trust in my heart I greet you 'my Mother, my trust,' I devote myself entirely to you, begging you to remember that I am yours, that I belong to you; keep me and defend me, O sweet Mary, and in every instant of my life, present me to your Son, Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment