Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Better than butterflies

I've really enjoyed the new "I Believe in Love" initiative begun by young adults who wish to discuss love, fidelity, sacrifice, marriage and relationships. An article by Carolyn that appeared today gave a great insight into what is better -- and more lasting -- than butterflies in one's stomach at the start of a relationship.

Jonathan was handsome, well liked, smart, funny, and serious about his faith. But I was having doubts about this relationship. I couldn’t remember why I had started to date this guy in the first place. I knew a lot about him, because we spent all of our time talking, but I didn’t know much about what it was like to simply be with him, in person. Where were all of those giddy feelings of lovesickness that I was supposed to be having? I was entitled to those feelings, right?

But those were my fears three years ago. Today, I’m getting ready to marry that guy I started dating over Skype. Did I reclaim the butterflies? No, not permanently, but I discovered something even better than that.

Find out what happened and what Carolyn learned here.

No comments:

Post a Comment