Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ten insights from Catholic youth, Part I

Several months ago I was asked to speak about my experience at last year's World Youth Day in Madrid, Spain, as well as the state of Catholic youth today.  At the time, someone asked me to reprint my notes on the blog.  Clearly, it has taken me a ridiculously long time to do so!  Nevertheless, since I am pre-blogging (scheduling posts ahead of time since I just got married on Saturday), I thought this would be an ideal time to share the ten insights I have learned about Catholic youth, particularly from my latest World Youth Day trip.  


I.                   Bold
-          What other word could describe the desire of 2.5 million young people to raise thousands of dollars to spend a week in a foreign country, walking for miles, eating what is available, living out of a suitcase or a backpack, cramming onto public transportation and becoming part of a billboard to the world that the Catholic faith is alive and thriving? 

      Our young people are bold.  They are not afraid to live their faith, proclaim their faith, and live the radicality that the faith truly deserves.  


1 comment:

  1. Such a great reminder. I loved being there, and at previous WYDs with groups of young people!

    Blessed honeymoon, btw.

    ReplyDelete